In 2011 the Austrian Global Compact network focused on the following topics:
- Responsible Supply Chain Management
Responsible Supply Chain Management
Sustainable management of supply chains is one of today’s biggest challenges for companies. Customers and investors watch more closely how companies deal with their supply chain. Responsible supply chain management does not only concern producing companies but also service providers.
The Austrian Global Compact network dealt with the following questions in 2011:
- Where does responsible supply chain management begin and end?
- How does one improve one’s supply chain management sustainably?
- What advantages does responsible supply chain management offer in a globalised market?
- How does one influence, educate and control suppliers in the most efficient way?
In regards to these questions, the Austrian Global Compact network in cooperation with respACT and the Bundesverband Einkauf, Logistik und Materialwirtschaft Österreich (BMÖ) has founded a working group on the topic „Responsible Supply Chain Management. More information can be found here.